CLUB DATE NIGHT: WEEK ONE
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25
Club Date Night / Vol.1 Playlist
Each week, our curated playlist will feature light hearted & sexy songs that span across all sorts of musical genres. We hope you’ll hear some old favorites, and learn some new ones along the way! This week in Volume 1, we’re covering everything from Dean Martin and Justin Bieber to Khruangbin and Leon Bridges. So get up and dance, reminisce about your first date, or just have a cuddle session on the couch! Let these musical airwaves be the
background to one fantastic night together!
Week One Cocktails
(Chamomile Gin Sour)
· 4 Chamomile teabags
· 6 Tablespoons boiling water
· 1.5 Tablespoons honey
· 4 Tablespoons gin
· 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
· 1-2 egg whites (use 1 for less foam)
· 4 dashes citrus bitters
1. Steep teabags in boiled water and let stand for three minutes
2. Squeeze teabags with spoon against side of glass to release all water
3. Immediately stir the honey into the camomile tea and mix until combined
4. Add the tea and all remaining ingredients to a shaker. Vigorously shake with ice!
5. Pour into a coupe glass and garnish with dried chamomile flowers or lemon twist
(Whiskey and Citrus Cocktail)
· 4 ounces whiskey
· 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 2 Tablespoons tangerine juice (fresh best)
· 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier
· 2 teaspoons honey
· Splash of soda
· Approximately 15 cloves
1. Add whiskey, lemon, tangerine (clementine juice can work!)
and cloves to a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously
2. Pour into a glass. Top with soda water
3. Garnish with a slice of lemon and cloves, or a simple lemon twist
· 3 Tablespoons dried hibiscus flowers (or 4 Hibiscus teabags)
· ½ inch piece fresh ginger – peeled and roughly chopped
· 6 ounces water
· 1 Tablespoon honey
· 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
· Splash of kombucha or sparkling water for topping
· 1 bunch fresh basil or mint
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the dried hibiscus, ginger, water and honey. Set the pan over medium heat and bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for another 10-15 minutes.
2. Strain the mix through a fine mesh strainer, discard the hibiscus flowers and ginger.
3. Stir in the lime juice and then chill the mixture until ready to serve.
4. To serve, pour the hibiscus mix over a glass filled with ice and top with chilled kombucha or sparkling water.
5. Garnish with a sprig of basil or mint
TELL THREE STORIES.
REPEAT THEM BACK.
You will need: Paper, Pen, Vessel from which to draw slips of paper (bowl, hat, etc.)
This game consists of three rounds of storytelling, and one round of memory recap. Your stories will follow the pattern of FIRST, BEST, and LAST.
FIRST = your earliest memory pertaining to the topic you drew
BEST = your favorite memory pertaining to the topic you drew
LAST = your most recent memory pertaining to the topic you drew
Using a pen and small pieces of paper, write the following topics down and place them into a vessel of your choosing.
Take turns drawing and telling stories in the first three rounds. You can place the paper back into the vessel for the chance to be re-drawn in another round. Try to keep your stories under 3 minutes. Your partner may ask questions during your story, as this is a conversation-based game, after all! Be sure to listen carefully to each other’s stories, as you’ll be repeating details of the story back to them in the final round!
ROUND ONE tell your "FIRST + topic"
ROUND TWO tell your “BEST + topic”
ROUND THREE tell your “LAST + topic”
DO YOU REMEMBER?
After you both have completed three stories each, determine who’d like to start the Memory Round! Take turns retelling your partner’s stories - one at a time, in any order. The last player who is able to retell their partner’s story wins the game. To make the game more challenging, repeat rounds 1-3 multiple times before starting the Memory Round.
GIVEAWAY WEEK 1: IN-HOME PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION FROM ALI LEIGH PHOTO
2. Post a photo on your feed or your story of you and your partner enjoying Club Date Night activities!
3. Tag @mavenevents, @neuneumpls and @alileighphoto!
4. Post your unlimited entries by March 25th at 11:59 CST.When are winners announced and how?
The giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on Wednesday, March 25th. Winners will be announced via Instagram on Friday, March 27th. Winners will be contacted by email directly by Ali Leigh. Winners will have 24 hours to respond to the email or their prize will be forfeited.
Am I eligible?
No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Winners must be located within 40 miles of Downtown Minneapolis. Your Instagram account must be public! This contest is NOT sponsored by Instagram, we just want you all to enjoy a fun date night while staying safe and staying home!
After the conclusion of the contest period, the photographer, MAVEN and The Neu Neu will select the winner from among the weekly submissions using the following judging criteria: Photo demonstrates a fun, humorous, inspirational, safe and otherwise creatively evocative photo or video.